Yarn basket and pin cushion

Yarn basket and pin cushion

Search This Blog

Friday, September 23, 2011

Breakfast in bed

This week is my birthday week. Not that I celebrate all week, but I'm embarrassed to say how long I've put off blogging about it. I worked on my actual birthday. Not sure why, since I'm self-employed and make my own schedule, but at least I like the clients that I saw that day. That always helps. That night while Henry was in class, Gertrude and Ethel came over to celebrate with me. Ethel made a "rich apple cake" with a caramel sauce that was to die for. In fact, I still have some in the fridge and it's all I can do to keep from eating a spoonful every time I see it. (But sometimes I do anyway. Shhh!)
 The next day was the day Henry and I planned to celebrate (milk it as long as you can, I say!) He surprised me with breakfast in bed! What a guy! He made an omelet and this amazing strawberry banana stuffed french toast. I just had to take a picture. See how beautiful. He really did do it all by himself. I was impressed. I told him so and he just said, "You don't want to see the kitchen." Apparently there was a blender mishap (classic) and now we need a new gasket, but he cleaned everything up and then we had a nice relaxing day before taking Daisy to a sitter and going out for dinner and a movie. It was a good birthday.

And did I mention what a great husband I have?

No comments:

Post a Comment