Yarn basket and pin cushion

Yarn basket and pin cushion

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Reminiscing

2002
The weather here is perfect right now. Sunny, highs in the 70's, lows in the 50's, and the air has that delicious crispness that says fall is coming soon. It seemed like a good day too listen to some folk music (is it ever not a good day for folk music?) so I put some Peter Paul and Mary and John Denver records on. The combination of the fresh air and John Denver always takes me back to the days when Ethel and I (before we were Agnes and Ethel) would ride her horses through Amish neighborhoods and sing aforementioned songs at the top of our lungs. I believe Annie's Song, Thank God I'm a Country Boy, and Blowin in the Wind were favorites. Man, oh man, I miss those days. Not that I would trade the life I have now, of course.

On a side note, I finally cast on a new project last night. It felt so good to knit again! So far all I have done is one leg; it's going to be a bunny; I'll post pics when it's done.

Love,
Agnes

No comments:

Post a Comment